Saturday, April 30, 2011

No Pictures With This One

This has been one of the most memorable weeks of my life. I was stretched in ways that made me grow. I prayed and God answered. The training may not have been a "complete success", but it also wasn't a "complete failure". When I finished the training I gave the speech below in Swahili!

God Bless All
Until a few months back I never thought I would come to Africa.
When I found the opportunity I was excited and a little bit afraid.
I am very happy that I came.
Since I do not speak Swahili, the teaching has been difficult for me and for you.
I felt like a failure on Thurseday.
Friday was only a little better.
I hope I have shown improvement today.
You all have been very patient and kind.
While I failed to communicate well, you continued to encourage me.
Thank you!
This three days have been a real test of "Failing Forward" for me.
I have grown from the experience and will always remember and cherish my memories of Morogoro.
If it is God's will and I have the opportunity, I will return again.
Thank you and God Bless You All!!

6 comments:

nicki said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!....your speech made the trip....i am so glad to be your life partner:):):):)...Have a safe journey home sweetie.

nicki said...

OUR GOD IS GREAT:):):)

Josh Nix said...

Failure is the best teacher, at least that what i think they say. I am glad you looked at it as grow experience and not a let down. I am proud of you and it's all ultimately ALL in God's hands.

Edith said...

Yes I agree with your wife and son I am proud of you also. We all need to grow closer to Christ and prepare for the great supper when we get to Heaven. Keep up the good work. I Love and appreciate you and your efforts even when you feel that you have failed. God is still in control and he can take all your failures and make then good.

Edith said...

We all learn fro our own mistakes!!!!!

kimberlydawn said...

thank you so much for your willingness to be stretched!
thank you for sharing all of your experiences with us!
thank you for heeding the call and trusting your Creator!
thank you for the humble spirit you showed in giving of yourself and your pride to help the people of Morogoro and us!
thank you for putting God's Will before your own -- not giving up but Failing Forward, that we too, may be encouraged!
God Bless You, Dad!
i love you so much!